The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. Our team has come together with the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. The future of health care starts here. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you. Apply today.
The Cardiac Cath Lab at Banner Boswell, supports 24 Diagnostic/Interventional cardiologists and 5 Electrophysiologists and performs inpatient/outpatient diagnostic and interventional coronary, peripheral and Electrophysiology procedures. The facility currently offers 2 procedural cath labs, 2 procedural EP labs and two 9 bed Pre-Admit/Post Procedure Recovery areas. 2 new procedural cath labs and a new 16 bay pre/post area will be added with the new cardiovascular center set to open in late November.
The RN Manager is an integral part of the leadership team and is responsible for many duties in the Cath lab and EP including circulating, monitoring and documenting the case. Under the direction of the physician, the RN Manager is responsible for procedural sedation and maintaining patient safety during the procedure. Our amazing leaders continually provide leadership in clinical, financial, and personnel as well as active participation in department shared leadership and facility wide committees.
Teamwork is STRONG in this department, and support to be your best self is great. Join us as we improve the lives of the patients, we care for through outstanding nursing care.
Schedule 4-10 hour shift
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Since 1970, Banner Boswell Medical Center has provided exceptional care to the people in the northwest area of metropolitan Phoenix. Today, our 501-bed acute-care hospital is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals and offers a full range of acute care services, including cardiology, oncology, orthopedics, neurology, surgery, rehabilitation, emergency, stroke, intensive care, pulmonary, urology, wound management and sleep disorders. We've earned the Gold Seal of ApprovalT from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers. We're also in the nation's top five percent for preventing mortality and complications.
POSITION SUMMARY This position plans and provides clinical support to patients and staff. Demonstrates clinical expertise of the assigned area. Provides leadership in clinical, financial, and personnel management within the department.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Oversees the operations of the unit to ensure smooth and efficient patient care management. Assures appropriate patient assignments to beds and staff. Completes daily rounding on patients and staff to ensure quality provision of care.
2. Manages the unit to ensure patient and employee satisfaction while promoting safety and retention. Serves as a real-time resource and assists with clinical expertise for unit staff and physicians for problem-solving on patients, processes, and family issues.
3. Coordinates quality initiatives and process improvements. Aligns and manages to metrics.
4. Develops leadership skills among staff including communication, decision-making problem-solving/critical thinking and employee engagement. Leads the development of staff and supports career advancement opportunities. Functions as a role model and encourages staff to participate in their own development.
5. Facilitates unit meetings and shared governance / leadership efforts.
6. Responsible for selection, orientation, on-boarding, and retention. Demonstrates leadership through coaching, performance evaluations, corrective actions, and development opportunities to create a culture of learning.
7. Assists in the development of the operational and capital budget, provides daily operational resource management including staff, supplies, and equipment, and ensures optimal productivity for the department.
8. Supervises clinical unit staff to ensure excellent patient care. Participates in activities that foster management skills while enabling staff to care for patients, determine schedules, edit time cards, research budget issues and order supplies. Internal customers include patients, staff, and physicians. External customers include patient family.
Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of nursing and healthcare as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in nursing. BSN required for all individuals entering the role effective 2/1/2016. BSN required for internal transfers/promotions within 6 months of transfer/promotion.
Requires a current RN license in state of practice. BLS Required. Additional certification or continuing education may be required based on area of practice.
Must possess at least 1-2 years of clinical experience relevant to patient population. Demonstrates knowledge and skills of specialty area. Requires critical thinking, communication, influence, decision-making, analytical, and flexibility skills to make optimal decisions based on multiple variables and desired outcomes. Requires the ability to balance clinical skills with supervisory authority. Must have the ability to consider the ultimate impact of decisions on the unit. Must have the ability to practice skills according to department and professional standards and quality requirements. Requires New Leader Experience certification within one year.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R21772
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.