Banner Health believes Leadership matters and is crucial to providing excellent patient care. We look for people who share our vision, making health care easier, so life can be better.
An opportunity is available for a One Team Senior Manager to lead the Medical Imaging teams at Banner Boswell and Banner Del Webb in Sun City, AZ. In this position, you will plan and provide operational, financial, managerial, and/or clinical support within the assigned departments/areas. You will also supervise employees and participate in the selection, orientation, counseling, and evaluation of staff and their scheduling. Medical Imaging certification is required (either ARRT/ARDMS/NMTCB/ARMRIT) along with licensure by state regulatory agency required, if applicable. Experience working with and supporting Medical Imaging patient population is required. Bring your Imaging and leadership experience to this key role, Apply Now!
This is a full time, day shift, exempt level position: Monday-Friday 8A-5:30P with flexibility in hours as needed.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Since 1970, Banner Boswell Medical Center has provided exceptional care to the people in the northwest area of metropolitan Phoenix. Today, our 501-bed acute-care hospital is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals and offers a full range of acute care services, including cardiology, oncology, orthopedics, neurology, surgery, rehabilitation, emergency, stroke, intensive care, pulmonary, urology, wound management and sleep disorders. We've earned the Gold Seal of ApprovalT from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers. We're also in the nation's top five percent for preventing mortality and complications.
POSITION SUMMARY This position plans and provides operational, financial, managerial and/or clinical support within the assigned departments/areas. This position supervises employees and participates in selection, orientation, counseling, evaluation and staff scheduling. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Hires, trains, conducts performance evaluations, and directs the workflow for the staff. This position is also accountable for participating in the development and implementation of department goals and objectives. Ensures all goals and objectives are met timely and effectively.
2. Provides and/or facilitates patient centered care, and/or other related activities, and promotes interdisciplinary patient care planning.
3. Serves as a resource and provides leadership assistance to achieve optimal clinical, operational, financial, and satisfaction outcomes. Acts as a consultant within the organization. Collaborates with all departments to assist with patient flow and process improvement.
4. Supports change and participates in the development, interpretation, implementation and evaluation of the goals/objectives and process improvement activities within the department. Works with staff to make necessary changes. May analyze data and healthcare trends to gain efficiencies and improve patient outcomes.
5. Participates in the development of the department budget in conjunction with established goals and objectives. Plays a key role in ensuring budgetary goals are met on an annual basis.
6. Maintains clinical competencies and certifications as required. Responsible for QA/QI management and assures compliance with regulatory agencies and laws.
7. Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to department practices. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information. Adheres to safety policies.
8. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department. May perform prescribed procedures in accordance with established departmental/facility policies and procedures.
9. Provides operational and managerial leadership to department of the assigned facility/facilities. May provide patient care as needed. May assist and/or be responsible for department budget. Participates/leads committees as assigned. Internal customers: All levels of department staff and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, typically achieved through 5+ years experience and supervisory experience in imaging or diagnostic specialty.
Requires national certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and/or modality qualified licensure (NMTCB, ARDMS, ARMRIT). Licensure by state regulatory agency required, if applicable. Advanced certification by accrediting body in specialty required (MRI, Nuclear Medicine, CAT Scan, Mammography), if applicable. BLS certification required.
Must have considerable experience with appropriate patient population in the area of responsibility. Must demonstrate leadership ability, effective communication skills, and human relations skills, analyze data and solve problems.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R16929
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.