Good health care is key to a good life. At Banner Health, we understand that, and that's why we work hard every day to make a difference in people's lives. Do you like the idea of making a positive change in people's lives - and your own? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Banner Health has teamed up with MD Anderson Cancer Center, ranked #1 in cancer care by U.S. News and World Report's "America's Best Hospitals" survey, to offer the Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center at Banner Thunderbird Medical Center. Banner Health transforms the lives of cancer patients in all our communities. We go to great lengths to deliver leading edge, compassionate cancer care services. Experienced physicians and staff, exceptional detection and treatment practices, and an extraordinary array of support and education services ensure Banner Health fulfills its mission of providing excellent care to its cancer patients.
Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center continues to expand our services in the West Valley and this position is located at the Banner Thunderbird Medical Center Radiation Oncology facility! We are looking for an experienced Radiation Therapist who is familiar with multiple data systems and radiation equipment.
Full Time Days 40 hours per week
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Nonprofit Banner Thunderbird Medical Center opened its doors in 1983 and has been growing ever since to meet the health care needs of the communities it serves in northwest metropolitan Phoenix. Today, the 555-bed hospital - one of the largest hospitals in the state - is annually ranked as one of the top hospitals in the Phoenix metropolitan area by US News & World Report and enjoys a reputation as the preferred provider of care to children and adults in the area in consumer preference surveys. The tertiary care hospital provides everything from routine to advanced, specialized care to both adult and pediatric patients. Specialized services include cardiology, orthopedic surgery, pediatrics, neurosurgery, robotic surgery, stroke care and a women and infants services program. Additionally, in partnership with top-ranked MD Anderson Cancer Center, Banner Thunderbird also offers state-of-the-art cancer care. Banner Thunderbird is certified as a Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center and features a 35-bed Level III neonatal intensive care unit that cares for babies of high-risk pregnancies and those born prematurely. Banner Thunderbird is also home to the only pediatric intensive care unit for seriously ill or injured children in the area. If you would like to contribute to truly leading edge caring, we invite you to bring your experience and skills to Banner Thunderbird.
POSITION SUMMARY This position performs prescribed planned course of radiation therapy as directed by following department/facility policies, procedures, guidelines and protocols and in accordance with standards of professional radiation therapy practice. Performs needed assessment, care and treatment planning for patient population.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs radiation therapy treatments by following and verifying referring providers' orders. Uses independent judgment and applies learned methodologies according to established policy and procedures.
2. Educates patients/families regarding procedure and/or treatment to be performed. Demonstrates professional behavior/conduct in all interactions; fosters teamwork, efficient use of resources and quality patient outcomes.
3. Operates treatment and treatment planning equipment to include simulation in accordance with departmental policy. Prepares treatments and administers prescribed doses in accordance with established policies. Prepares and maintains accurate documentation.
4. Demonstrates competence in performing prescribed invasive/interventional procedures in accordance with established policies.
5. Performs and evaluates equipment quality control measurements. Demonstrates the ability to trouble shoot and notifies appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance. Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Adheres to radiation safety practices. Ensures the safe receipt, administration, storage, and disposal of radioactive materials utilizing ALARA principles.
6. Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to radiation oncology practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information.
7. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department.
8. Independently performs prescribed radiation therapy procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols to patients. Internal customers: All levels of radiation oncology, nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients, caregivers and family members.
Must possess a strong knowledge of clinical care as normally obtained through an Associate degree in radiation oncology or related field.
Requires national certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and licensure by the state regulatory agency if applicable. BLS certification required.
Must be knowledgeable of clinical techniques, applications and equipment relative to the area of work. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, and be safety conscious.
Previous radiation therapy experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R13813
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.