RADIATION ONCOLOGIST with SRS/SBRT SUBSPECIALIZATION: The Permanente Medical Group (TPMG) is recruiting for a Radiation Oncologist with significant SRS/SBRT experience (or a strong interest in SRS/SBRT subspecialization) to join our South San Francisco Radiation Oncology Center (ROC) in the 2nd-3rd Quarter of 2021. The position is a hybrid SRS/SBRT and external beam position. The individual would plan to join our SSF staff of 6.5 radiation oncologists - of whom 3 are SRS/SBRT subspecialists. The SRS team also works with 2 Neurosurgeons who are based out of Redwood City.
The KP-South San Francisco ROC is a freestanding, outpatient 4-vault center. The department is equipped with 2 matched Truebeam HD-MLC Linacs with ExacTracs, 1 Varian Truebeam Linac, and 1 Varian iX Linac with Vision RT (to be replaced by a Truebeam in 2021), and a Siemens Confidence CT Simulator. The department uses ARIA and Eclipse Treatment planning software and Brainlab for SRS. Charting is primarily in a customized version of EPIC EMR. The department is normally staffed by 7.2 Radiation Oncologists, 5 Physicists, 4 Dosimetrists, 2 RNs, 1.8 RN Case managers, 2.6 LVNs, 2 MAs, 12 RTTs, 1 social worker, 1 dietician, and an IT/Systems Administrator.
The KP-South San Francisco (SSF) ROC is the main SRS/SBRT center for Kaiser Permanente (KP) patients in the San Francisco Bay Area. The SSF ROC treats approximately 700 External RT patients and 700 SRS/SBRT patients per year. The SSF ROC opened in 2009 and is one of 6 KP ROCs in Northern California. Our centers are ASTRO APEX accredited.
START DATE is anticipated to be in the second-third quarter of 2021. The position will start at 0.7 FTE but this may increase if demand and budget allows. The position offers full benefits.
1) Prior experience in SRS/SBRT and the drive to develop expertise in SRS/SBRT and join an already high-volume service. Applicants graduating from residency and fellowships will be considered in addition to experienced individuals.
2) IMRT competence is required.
3) Board Eligibility to apply, but Board Certification is required to remain in the group.
4) California medical license is required prior to start of employment.
5) California X-Ray Supervisor and Operator certificate is generally required prior to start of employment.
6) US Residents only
7) Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a group oriented integrated medical system are essential.
8) A desire to live in Northern CA in proximity to cultural activities, ethnic diversity, and the tremendous outdoors activities of the Bay Area.
TPMG is the largest multi-specialty, integrated medical group in the country with an industry-leading benefits package.
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Additional Salary Information: Full benefits - health and dental insurance, life insurance, malpractice, home loan program with interest forgiveness, multiple and comprehensive pension plans, full early retirement option, comprehensive post-retirement benefits.
Internal Number: SSF Rad Onc
About The Permanente Medical Group
TPMG is the largest and oldest medical group in the Kaiser Permanente federation with over 9,000 physicians and 4.4 million patients, and TPMG provides the medical services for KP in Northern CA. KP in Northern CA is one of only 2 health plans in the entire country rated in both the Top 10 of Medicare plans and Commercial plans. We are also one of the top enrollers in NRG oncology clinical trials. We operate in an integrated care environment with a shared EMR. We have 6 internal Radiation Oncology Centers which are APEX Accredited as well as 3 other centers which we staff. Our positions offer good starting salaries, superb benefits and pensions, an interest free home loan program, and unmatched job security.
BACK TO TOP