Graduate of an approved discipline specific program (or equivalent experience) and 5 years relevant experience
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR): American Registry of MRI Technologists Required
American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Required
Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Required
YOUR ROLE Provides immediate supervision to one or more modalities. The main focus for this job is staffing, patient schedules, and technical guidance. Leads in quality improvement in workflow, training, safety and protocols. This position reports to a manager or director.
Develops, implements, and maintains new programs and protocols for one or more modalities.
Ensures designated procedures have appropriate reimbursement coding and verifies they have been entered correctly into system.
Performs all Imaging procedures according to established department protocols for the designated area.
Supervises technical staff and manages resources to ensure all procedures are completed in a timely manner.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
When it comes to diagnostic imaging, children's needs differ from adults'. They need extra safeguards and care. Our team has the experience and training to keep your child safe while providing accurate medical images. Our goal is to exceed families' and referring physicians' expectations with our imaging and interpretation.
We support the Image Gently Alliance for Radiation Safety in Pediatric Imaging, dedicated to raising awareness of lower radiation doses in the imaging of children. Children's Hospital also supports and practices the radiation safety principle of ALARA, an acronym for "as low as reasonably achievable."
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
Truven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
American Association for the Advancement of Science: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
RADIOLOGY (INTERMEDIATE): - Demonstrates mastery of radiology services in practical applications of a difficult nature. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering results without requiring support and instruction from others. Able to train and educate by setting the example, giving instruction, providing leadership, and generally raising the level of performance of others while on the job.
OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT (INTERMEDIATE): - Demonstrates mastery of operations management in practical applications of a difficult nature. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering results without requiring support and instruction from others. Able to train and educate by setting the example, giving instruction, providing leadership, and generally raising the level of performance of others while on the job.
PLANNING & ORGANIZING (INTERMEDIATE): - Demonstrates ability to anticipate complex resource needs, identify discrete tasks, set priorities, define dependencies, schedule activities, meet deadlines, and organize work beyond areas of direct responsibility. Merges diverse points of view into a coalition with shared goals and objectives. Plans for and anticipates events outside of immediate responsibility. Anticipates problems and obstacles before they arise. Able to absorb changes to major assignments while maintaining a high level of performance. Competently handles multiple assignments and projects simultaneously. Sets priorities with a proper sense of urgency and importance. Develops creative ideas and takes innovative action. Understands and identifies with the basic goals and values of the organization.
QUALITY ASSURANCE & COMPLIANCE - (INTERMEDIATE): - Possesses knowledge of the appropriate rules and regulations and apply them in difficult, stressful and complex situations. Demonstrates expertise and advanced knowledge of process improvement, quality assurance and/or programs. Understands the principles upon which the rules and regulations are based. Demonstrates a commitment to continuous quality improvement and ensures compliance with a federal, state and local regulations as well as VUMC policies and procedures. Able to interpret and explain rules and regulations that are ambiguous or unclear. Directs others in interpreting rules and regulations on the job and trains others in them.
Organizational Impact: Plans and sets day to day objectives for the team that have a direct effect on the results of the department or area that the job is in.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Resolves technical and operational problems within provided guidelines.
Breadth of Knowledge: Applies advanced subject matter knowledge within a specific technical area and basic management knowledge to support the team.
Team Interaction: Leads/supervises a unit within a department or a small department. Typically without budget or hire/fire authority. Role is typically a 'working' supervisor.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (M1):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (M1):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (M1):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (M1):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (M1):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Internal Number: 1909204
About Vanderbilt Health
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.