• Reporting to the Chief Medical Physicist, the Clinical Medical Physicist is responsible for performing testing and calibration of radiotherapy delivery systems in accordance with established protocols and state and federal regulations.
• Develops and assesses treatment plans for external beam radiotherapy including 3DCRT, IMRT, VMAT, SRS/SBRT and brachytherapy.
• Calibrates, prepares, handles, surveys, and disposes of radioactive materials in accordance with radiation safety policies and state/federal regulations.
• Provides assistance to personnel in matters of radiation safety and radiotherapy treatment delivery.
• Maintains knowledge of current standards in radiotherapy technology, methods and techniques, and regulations.
• May provide instruction to other staff members in topics related to radiotherapy and radiation safety.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and skill necessary to provide patient care that is appropriate to the ages of the patients served.
• 27 Days of Paid Time Off
• Competitive Compensation, Annual Team Based Incentives
• Paid Occurrence Based Malpractice Insurance, CME, association membership dues
• Health, life, and dental insurance, and retirement plan
• Peoria, the largest Illinois metropolitan area outside of Chicago and St. Louis, is home to a large collection of medical research, educational and clinical facilities including the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria and Jump Trading Simulation & Education Center.
• Peoria, Illinois, offers a range of residential opportunities whether you are looking for something out of the way, in the woods, along the river or right in the heart of the city.
• Peoria is also home to a number of performance venues, museums, art galleries and more than two dozen historic landmarks of both local and national fame.
Internal Number: OSF008027
About OSF HealthCare
Mission Driven Culture
Our Mission is not just a statement for our providers – it’s a way of life. Everyone at OSF HealthCare is a Mission Partner, working to serve with the greatest care and love. Our Mission doesn’t just guide our interactions with patients; it drives every interaction we have with one another.
OSF HealthCare is an integrated health system owned and operated by The Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis, headquartered in Peoria, Illinois.
OSF HealthCare employs nearly 21,000 Mission Partners in 124 locations, including 13 hospitals with 1,874 licensed acute care beds, 18 urgent care locations, 11 centers for health, and two colleges of nursing throughout Illinois and Michigan.
The OSF HealthCare physician network employs 1,300 primary care, specialist, and advanced practice providers.
Driven by OSF HealthCare Mission, our physicians and advanced practice providers have been serving patients and families with the greatest care and love for over 140 years. From general practice to specialty clinics, OSF HealthCare offers a wide array of career opportunities for providers.
Research and Innovation
Our physicians and advanced practice provid...ers are at the forefront of health care innovation. At OSF HealthCare, you will partner with an organization not only rich in history, but one helping to shape the future of health care. You’ll have the opportunity to utilize the Jump Trading Simulation & Education Center, a state-of-the-art-research and innovation facility that offers advanced simulation training for medical professionals.
We partner with the University Of Illinois College Of Medicine on research and teaching opportunities and encourage our providers to seek positions of leadership within our organization.
At OSF HealthCare, we understand work and life should always be in balance. Providing for the health and well-being of all of our health care providers is a core value. By providing supportive work environments and a wide range of provider benefits, we hope to ensure a positive employment experience. These benefits are also available for providers working less than full time.
Join the No. 1 team
Find where you belong at OSF HealthCare, ranked the No. 1 health care employer in Illinois – and Top 10 nationally – by Forbes magazine.
EEO Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled