At MemorialCare Health Systems, we believe in providing extraordinary health care to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our people. Whether it's our recognition as one of the nation's Top Health Systems or outcomes that repeatedly exceed the expected, you'll be energized by our commitment to innovation, continuous learning and your professional and personal growth.
Utilizing the nursing process and clinical nursing practice standards, the RN is responsible for directing and coordinating nursing care for the Oncology Unit patient in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Nursing Department. Responsibilities include directing unlicensed employee activity, synthesizing patient information, assessment of patients, planning of care/interventions, teaching patients/family, implementation of treatment plan/MD orders, and evaluation of care rendered. The RN must effectively communicate and document data relevant to the care of the patient. The RN utilizes knowledge of patient age, cultural diversity, psycho-social and/or spiritual needs into the patient’s plan of care. The RN contributes to the promotion of quality nursing care through performance improvement processes that demonstrates positive outcomes in patient care. In addition, the RN collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure safe and effective patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
· One year Acute Care experience in Medical-Surgical or Oncology nursing preferred.
· Experience with peripheral and central venous access devices and infusion therapy preferred
· Computer, internet, order entry and word processing experience preferred.
· Current California RN license required
· Current AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers card required
· ONS Chemotherapy/Biotherapy Provider required or must be obtained within one (1) year of hire.
· Chemotherapy/Biotherapy Provider cards are valid for up to three (3) months after expiration date.
· OCN Certification preferred
· BSN or higher preferred
· ACLS and EKG competency required or must be obtained within six months of hire
Internal Number: ORA001737
About MemorialCare Orange Coast Medical Center
Let us introduce ourselves. We're MemorialCare, a nonprofit health system that includes four hospitals, two medical groups, imaging centers, surgical centers and much more. As one of the leading health systems in Orange County and Los Angeles County, we're confident that no matter what your needs are, we have the teams, tools and know-how to support you every step of the way.
BACK TO TOP