Responsible for planning, coordinating, directing and supervising the activities and uses of personnel, equipment and supplies to meet the Medical Physics needs of Memorial Medical Center and Memorial Health System Affiliates, as assigned. Embodies the Memorial Health System Performance Excellence Standards of Safety, Courtesy, Quality, and Efficiency that support our mission, vision and values.
· Masters or PhD degree in Medical Physics or Physics.
· American Board of Radiology or American Board of Medical Physics certification in Therapeutic Radiological Physics.
· Five-year experience in Medical Physics required.
· Experience in radiation-producing equipment installation, acceptance, calibration, and commissioning.
· Membership and participation in professional development activities through the American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM).
· Excellent verbal and written communication ability required.
· Excellent human relations skills required.
Internal Number: 1
About Memorial Health System
One of the leading healthcare organizations in Illinois, Memorial Health System of Springfield is a community-based, not-for-profit corporation dedicated to patient care, education and research. Our more than 6,700 staff members, partnering physicians and hundreds of volunteers are dedicated to improving the health of the communities we have served since 1897. In a year, we serve an average of more than 40,000 inpatients, more than 667,000 outpatients and more than 125,000 patients in our three Emergency Departments. Our highly skilled team has a passion for excellence and is dedicated to providing a great patient experience for every patient every time.In support of our commitment to community responsibility, all Memorial Health System affiliates participate in health screenings and educational events to further provide for the healthcare needs of our community. Learn more about our community benefit initiatives.