UnityPoint Health - Methodist | Proctor | The Point of Unity is You.
UnityPoint Health is one of the nation's most integrated health systems. We have a vision for healthcare, and it starts with you: "Best outcome for every patient, every time."
Through relationships with more than 280 physician clinics, 29 hospitals in metropolitan and rural communities, and home care services throughout its 8 regions, UnityPoint Health provides care throughout Illinois and Iowa.
We surround you with care that is coordinated between your doctor's office, hospital and in your home.
With almost 600 board-certified physicians backed by a dedicated team of healthcare professionals who combine high-tech medicine with genuine warmth and caring, UnityPoint Health - Methodist provides coordinated clinic, hospital and home-based care for patients in Central Illinois.
Radiation Therapist Lead
UnityPoint Health-Methodist Campus
Shift: Full-time /40 hrs per week 8A-4:30P
The Lead Therapist monitors and improves the clinical treatment process of the department and to ensure quality radiation therapy services with the emphasis on efficiency, patient comfort/safety and compliance with federal and state regulatory agency requirements. The incumbent will also be called upon to perform the job functions as described in the Radiation Therapist position description during times of high patient census, and other duties as required or assigned. The incumbent will perform specific, identified duties of the Manager during her absence.
MONITORS, IDENTIFIES, AND IMPLEMENTS QUALITY IMPROVEMENTS OF SERVICES INCLUDING NEW PROGRAMS, VIA THE QUALITY IMPROVEMENT PROCESS.
1. Promotes continuous quality improvement in all services provided
2. Ensures that monitoring and evaluation activities are conducted on important aspects of care and maintains records of such activities
3. Maintains an environment that meets standards of safety, cleanliness, and orderliness
4. Promptly and appropriately intervenes as needs of patients, staff, equipment or the environment are identified
5. Maintains an environment that is conducive to patient, physician, and staff satisfaction
6. Participates in the development of new services
7. Interfaces with physicians and physicists to develop services that meet the needs of the community and the Medical Center
PARTICIPATES IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF STAFF MEMBERS, INVOLVING THEM IN TREATMENT PROCESS IMPROVEMENTS AND PROVIDING GUIDANCE, COORDINATING APPROPRIATE INSERVICE EDUCATION AND INDIVIDUAL INSTRUCTION.
1. Facilitates staff development
2. Facilitates the educational development for patients and families
3. Leads orientation process of the technical staff
4. Schedules and participates in regular meetings disseminating information, seeking feedback and discussing process problems and concerns
5. Shares knowledge and guides employees with proper department protocol and procedures
6. Readily available and willingly helps in all aspects of the department
7. Coordinates training of new procedures and equipment
Plans, Direct And Oversees The Electronic Medical Record For The Department.
1. Assists staff in the training and utilization of the electronic record component
2. Responsible for training, implementation and trouble shooting of IMPAC
3. Assists nursing with PHS scheduling for treatment patients
4. Assists staff when charging through IMPAC and STAR
5. Assists physicians and staff with Horizon Patient Folder
6. Assists staff with other IT programs related to Radiation Oncology
PLANS, DIRECTS, COORDINATES, AND EVALUATES DAY-TO-DAY ACTIVITIES TO ENSURE QUALITY PATIENT OUTCOMES.
1. Oversees the daily operations with the therapist in Radiation Oncology.
2. Facilitates daily communication with staff.
3. Functions effectively in an environment that is susceptible to change without notice, and that is influenced by the number and acuity of patients, amount of experience of staff and availability of treatment equipment.
4. Continuously evaluates staff performance
5. Sets work routines and expectations, and reinforces standards of practice
6. Knowledgeable of the vision, values, goals and objectives, and policies and procedures of the Medical Center
7. Makes recommendations on policy and procedure changes to the Department Manager
8. Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age, medical, and functional needs of the patients served in the Radiation Oncology Department
9. Works closely with staff to ensure total compliance with safety regulations of the departments and Medical Center, and maintains ongoing monitoring of the center's ability to meet regulatory requirements of these regulating bodies: Illinois Department of Nuclear Safety, Illinois Department of Public Health, and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organization
10. Assists Associates in Medical Physics Consultant during site visits
11. Demonstrates a practical problem solving approach to patient moving and handling issues.
12. Demonstrates skills to promote patient and staff safety through appropriate use of lift equipment.
13. Performs lab testing as appropriate
1. Associate's Degree in the field(s) of Radiation Therapy or successful completion from a certified program Required
1. Licensed in Illinois as RTR.
2. Additional Information: Radiation Therapy Technologist must hold registration or be board eligible through the ARRT, Registry eligible candidates have six months to become RTT through ARRT.
1. 3-5 years of experience in/with working as a practicing Radiation Therapy Technologist (RTT) Required.
Internal Number: 2018-50800
About UnityPoint Health
Our team members are the compassionate core of who we are and how we serve. Every day we strive to live out our vision statement of “Best outcome every patient every time” through living out our FOCUS values of Foster Unity, Own the Moment, Champion Excellence, and Seize Opportunities.
At UnityPoint Health, we provide care in nine regions throughout Illinois, Iowa, and Wisconsin. As the nation’s fourth largest nondenominational health system in America, UnityPoint Health keeps people at the center of all we do. We are looking for dynamic and talented individuals to join our team. You'll find opportunities for every sized dream.