Tower Hematology Oncology Medical Group is committed to providing the highest quality of medical care to our patients; offering the most appropriate and current diagnostic and therapeutic modalities in an honest, supportive, respectful and compassionate manner.
The Research Nurse is responsible for the coordination, implementation and conduct of multiple research projects in the areas of hematology and oncology, fully integrated with applicable research management systems and processes, as well as the practice of nursing. This includes screening, recruitment, and enrollment of patients, as well as facilitating the consenting process. The individual will work under the principal investigator to coordinate, implement and monitor progress and completion of clinical studies/trials. They will assist in development of protocols, informed consent forms, manuscripts and clinical research forms as necessary, regulatory submissions, budgets, and payment tracking systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Oversee the administrative functions of multi-site research studies.
2. Provides nursing care to research subjects enrolled in studies and maintains continual clinical assessment of research subjects.
3. Develops and maintains comprehensive knowledge of assigned research protocol to coordinate the comprehensive and compliant execution of assigned protocols in accordance with research governing entity requirements, including but not limited to Sponsor, FDA and IRB requirements.
4. Ensures the completion and maintenance of consent forms, case report forms, SAE's and source documents to ensure that research is being conducted according to IRB, FDA, HSPC, HIPAA and other agency guidelines.
5. Coordinates institutional, pharmaceutical and internal audits, including facilitating third party study monitoring.
6. Assists PI with research study design and development of research protocols.
7. May be responsible for research project budget development, identifying and classifying routine care vs. research related care, in addition to verifying that research protocol, research budget and research subject informed consent documents are consistent. 8. Manages the project within established time and participates with management to establish budgets and work within budget parameters. 9. Responsible for the IRB application for the department for both study initiation and renewal as well as preparation of contractual documents for IRB's and third party sponsors. 10. Establishes and coordinates logistical aspects of clinical research projects to achieve project objectives. 11. Acts as liaison with Principal Investigators, pharmaceutical company representatives or other project funding organizations to monitor and update project progress. 12. Acts as liaison among physicians, research sponsors, nurses and ancillary personnel, and subjects to ensure proper adherence to research protocols. 13. Coordinates and participates in patient screening, recruitment and scheduling, initiating research patient records, administration of questionnaires, maintaining database Excel spreadsheets, completion of case report forms, performing data edits with P.I.'s research staff, pharmaceutical company monitors, etc. 14. Assists with clinical procedures, providing related patient care when required during data collection process. 15. May collate data, assist in data analysis or otherwise participate in organizing and determining project findings. 16. Establishes system for monitoring and maintenance of patient data records. 17. May provide technical support for the preparation of grant proposals, publications, presentations and special projects. 18. Participates in weekly research staff meetings. 19. Protects rights and research data of research volunteers, including medical records, data, etc. Obtain necessary consent forms, or HIPAA information forms as needed, in research process. 20. Performs other related duties as assigned or required. 21. Provide assistance with research project budget development, including identifying and classifying routine care vs. research related care. 22. Maintains system for monitoring and maintenance of patient data records. 23. May provide technical support for the preparation of grant proposals, publications, presentations and special projects.
Since its beginning in 1902, Cedars-Sinai has evolved to meet the healthcare needs of one of the most diverse regions in the nation, continually setting new standards in quality and innovation in patient care, research, teaching and community service.Today, Cedars-Sinai is widely known for its national leadership in transforming healthcare for the benefit of patients.Cedars-Sinai is one of the largest nonprofit academic medical centers in the U.S. with 886 licensed beds, 2,100 physicians, 2,800 nurses and thousands of other healthcare professionals and staff. Clinical programs range from primary care for preventing, diagnosing and treating common conditions to specialized treatments for rare, complex and advanced illnesses. In addition, Cedars-Sinai serves the community through its Medical Network, which includes the highly rated Cedars-Sinai Medical Group and Cedars-Sinai Health AssociatesCedars-Sinai has consistently been named one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report, has received the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award 18 years in a row for providing the highest quality medical care in Los Angeles, and has the longest running Magnet designat...ion for nursing excellence in California.Cedars-Sinai is a leader in the clinical care and research of heart disease, cancer and brain disorders, among other areas. Pioneering research achievements include using cardiac stem cells to repair damaged hearts, developing minimally invasive surgical techniques and discovering new types of drugs to target cancer more precisely.Cedars-Sinai also impacts the future of healthcare through education programs that encompass everything from highly competitive medical residency and fellowship programs to a biomedical science and translational medicine PhD program, advanced training for nurses and educational opportunities for allied health professionals. Most notably, Cedars-Sinai demonstrates a longstanding commitment to strengthening the Los Angeles community through wide-ranging programs that improve the health of its most vulnerable residents.