Radiation Oncologist with HDR Brachy specialization - San Francisco Bay Area
The Permanente Medical Group
September 10, 2018
can be discussed with qualifie
Full Time - Experienced
RADIATION ONCOLOGIST with SUBSPECIALIZATION in HDR BRACHYTHERAPY: The Permanente Medical Group (TPMG) is recruiting for a Radiation Oncologist with significant HDR brachytherapy experience (or a strong interest in HDR brachytherapy subspecialization) to start at our Santa Clara Radiation Oncology Center (ROC) in early-mid 2019, where we currently have 3brachytherapy subspecialists. The Radiation Oncologist will later transfer to our Dublin (East Bay) ROC, which is scheduled to open in May 2019. The position will require experience with both external beam RT in addition to HDR brachytherapy. The Dublin ROC will be part of a brand new 3-story multi-specialty medical office building. It will have 4 Linac vaults and a dedicated HDR suite. The center will be equipped with 2 matched Varian Truebeam Linacs and 2 matched Varian Truebeam STX Linacs (both with HD-MLC, 6-DOF couches, and 1 with ExacTrac), and a Siemens wide bore CT Simulator. The department will also be equipped with a HDR Afterloader (Varisource or Gammamed), Varian Brachyvision, Eclipse RTP, Aria R&V, and Mimvista for image fusion and deformation. In addition to this brachytherapy position, the department will have5 additional Radiation Oncologists – including a 2nd brachytherapist. The department will be staffed by 4-5 physicists, 4 dosimetrists, 3 RNs, 4 LVNs, 12 RTTs, 1 Dietitian, 1 Social Worker, and an IT/Systems Administrator.
The Santa Clara ROC is currently the primary center for HDR brachytherapy for Kaiser Permanente patients in Northern California. We currently treat 350-400 HDR cases/year (~70% interstitial) – primarily Prostate and Gynecologic cancers. The Dublin ROC will become the 6th KP ROC in Northern California, and the 2nd KP ROC to offer interstitial HDR brachytherapy. Our centers are APEX accredited.
Within 2 years of opening, we anticipate the Dublin ROC will be treating 1000 external RT courses, 300-500 SBRT/SRS courses, 100-200 HDR Brachytherapy courses per year.
START DATE is anticipated to be in early-mid 2019.
ASTRO 2018 – October 20-24: If you will be attending ASTRO in San Antonio, please mention this in your reply. Many of our Radiation Oncologists will be attending ASTRO and will be meeting with interested candidates.
1) Prior experience in complex interstitial HDR brachytherapy (either a brachytherapy fellowship or significant experience as an attending or resident) and the drive to develop expertise in HDR brachytherapy and expand an already high-volume service.
2) IMRT competence is required.
3) Board Eligibility to apply, but Board Certification is required to remain in the group.
4) California medical license and California X-Ray Supervisor and Operator certificate is required prior to start of employment.
5) US Residents only
6) Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a group oriented integrated medical system are essential.
7) A desire to live in Northern CA in proximity to cultural activities, ethnic diversity, and the tremendous outdoors activities of the Bay Area.
8) Individual will be expected to initially work at both Santa Clara and Dublin and then transition to Dublin ROC in later 2019 for the majority of clinical work.
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Additional Salary Information: Full benefits - health and dental insurance, life insurance, malpractice, home loan program with interest forgiveness, multiple and comprehensive pension plans, full early retirement option, comprehensive post-retirement benefits.
Internal Number: Dublin HDR Brachy Rad Onc
About The Permanente Medical Group
TPMG is the largest and oldest medical group in the Kaiser Permanente federation with over 9,000 physicians and 4 million patients, and TPMG provides the medical services for KP in Northern CA. KP in Northern CA is one of only 2 health plans in the entire country rated in both the Top 10 of Medicare plans and Commercial plans. We are also one of the top enrollers in NRG oncology clinical trials. We operate in an integrated care environment with a shared EMR. We have 5 internal Radiation Oncology Centers which are all APEX Accredited as well as 3 other centers which we staff. Our positions offer good starting salaries, superb benefits and pensions, an interest free home loan program, and unmatched job security.