Works directly under the supervision of the director of cancer center and/or medical oncologist providing direct patient care in a timely and effective manner. Provides on-going patient assessments per hospital policy and provides patient education based on individual needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Administers chemotherapy to patients under the supervision of the nurse practitioner and/or medical oncologist.Â
2. Provides patient education regarding treatment options, procedures/exams, nutritional needs, skin care and medications ordered throughout their care through discharge.
3. Effectively conducts initial and on-going patient assessment needs.
4. Develops the patient plan of care with consideration of professional ethics and delivers care with respect to the individual's spiritual, and cultural needs.
5. Creates a supportive environment by providing emotional support to patients and their families, assessingÂ patients for side effects, reporting findings to the physician, and implements measures