Avera McKennan Hospital and University Health Center in Sioux Falls, SD is seeking a radiation oncologist to join two Radiation Oncologists employed by the hospital and practice at the Avera Cancer Institute in the Prairie Center. The Prairie Center is a state of the art facility that opened in November 2010 with 260,000 square feet dedicated to clinical space and supportive services including medical oncology hematology oncology, BMT, gynecologic oncology, genomics, and surgical center.
Avera Cancer Institute is an Outstanding Comprehensive Community Cancer Program
Accredited through :
American College of Surgeon Commission on Cancer
American College of Radiology (ACR)
National Accreditation for Breast Centers (NAPBC)
Multi-Disciplinary Conferences to include
Lung, Bone Marrow Transplant, Breast, GI, GU/GYN
NeuroNational Cancer Institute clinical trials supported by Avera Research Institute
Onsite Diagnostic Breast Imaging, General Diagnostic Imaging (CT, DEXA, Radiographic), and PETCT
Surgical center with intra-operative radiation therapy program.
Two beam matched Elekta Versa HD linear accelerators
Perform IGRT (2-D digital portal imaging and 3-D KV cone beam), IMRT, SBRT, SRT, VMAT procedures, Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion
Deep Inspiration Breath Hold (DIBH) using AlignRT technology.
Only dedicated Brachytherapy suite in the region
Elekta’s Flexitron HDR 40 Channel with a Simulix Evolution
Oncentra treatment planning system capable of IPSA optimization and volume analysis
Strong HDR and permanent seed brachytherapy practice
Utilize single vaginal cylinders, CT/MRI compatible T&O applicators, interstitial brachytherapy, skin, and prostate brachytherapy.
Wide-bore GE Lightspeed RT 16 CT Simulation Scanner
Elekta’s MOSAIQ EMR Software – all Avera regional sites operate out of the same MOSAIQ database for increased patient continuity and improved work flow.
Mobetron electron-beam mobile linear accelerator for intra-operative radiation therapy
Participating in IoeRT Clinical Trials for Breast including investigator initiated trials.
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: 1
About Avera Medical Group
• Regional partnership of health professionals who share support services to maintain excellent care
• 300 locations in 100 communities in the 5-state region of South Dakota, North Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa and Nebraska
• Includes hospitals, primary care clinics, specialty care clinics, long term care facilities, retirement communities, home medical equipment outlets and research centers
• Over 14,000 employees
• Avera Health has over 2.1 million clinic and hospital visits per year
• Facilities known for medical excellence, technological innovation, and a commitment to meeting the spiritual, emotional, and physical needs of all patients.