Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
This position is responsible for providing services, including assessing, diagnosing, prescribing, treating, and educating patients. Works closely with physicians and other clinicians. May assist in surgery procedures.
- Supports the facility’s ideology, mission, goals, and objectives
- Performs in accordance with the facility’s policies and procedures
- Follows the facility’s standards for ethical business conduct
- Recognizes patients’ rights and responsibilities and supports them in performance of job duties
- Participates in facility committees, meetings, in-services, and activities
- Seeks out additional assignments and duties
2. Work Quality
- Performs duties in an accurate and organized manner
- Adheres to policies and procedures in performance of duties
- Ensures knowledge of job and asks questions when unsure
- Completes duties within appropriate timeframes
3. Personal Attributes
- Shows initiative and dependability including punctuality and attendance
- Displays good judgment
- Cooperates and is flexible
- Follows appropriate dress code presenting a professional image
4. Customer Service
- Fosters a culture of outstanding patient service showing courtesy in interactions with patients, physicians and co-workers
- Demonstrates courteous telephone skills
- Responds promptly to patient needs and co-worker requests
5. Communication and Teamwork
- Expected to be a positive and responsible team member with a good attitude
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication (documentation) skills
6. Professional competence
- Participates in continuing education and other learning experiences
- Shares knowledge gained in continuing education with staff
- Seeks new learning experiences and accepts challenging opportunities and responsibilities
- Welcomes suggestions and recommendations
- Maintains current License, credentials and CPR certification
7. APP Duties
- Assess patients by obtaining health history.
- Orders/performs appropriate laboratory diagnostic and other screening tests.
- Integrates data to determine diagnosis and therapeutic plan.
- Develops and implements treatment plan by prescribing/dispensing medications and/or injections in compliance with practice guidelines and state laws.
- Handles incision care.
- Instructs patients and family members regarding medications and treatments.
- Communicates case management information to other professionals and community agencies.
- Prepares documentation for medical records.
- Acts as consult/collaborator to clinical team in area of specialty.
- Collaborates with physicians in managing patient care.
- Assists with surgery procedures.
- Manages/responds to internal communications
- Responds to patient cases and inquiries thru portal.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to make sound clinical decisions and solve problems
- Understanding of rules and regulations of Commercial Insurance, Part B Medicare, etc.; appropriate billing and for services provided.
- Knowledge of coding.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to calculate and administer drug dosages and injections.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Knowledge of medical record documentation requirements and federal/state laws.
- Experience in initiating appropriate crisis interventions and emergency response.
- Ability to retain composure, meet deadlines, and problem solve in a stressful work environment.
- Appropriately interact with patients, families, and others
- Ability to flexibly respond to changing demands
- Ability to work in a faced paced environment
- Ability to analyze data and use critical thinking.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills.
- Master’s degree or higher
- Successful completion of advanced registered nurse practitioner or accredited physician assistant program
- National certification from the NCC of PA’s or NP certification
- Illinois license required or in process upon hire
- Current CRP certification.
- Hearing to perform job duties in person and over the phone.
- Speaking in order to communicate clearly with patients.
- Requires frequent lifting and carrying items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Requires frequent bending, reaching and repetitive hand movements, standing, walking, squatting and sitting regularly.
- Requires exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
The leading orthopedic practice in Central Illinois.
It is the vision of McLean County Orthopedics (MCO) to be the leading destination for innovative, comprehensive, and integrated musculoskeletal care promoting the health, wellness, and rehabilitation of our patients. Located in Bloomington, Illinois, we are Central Illinois one-stop-shop for orthopedic conditions.
At MCO, our goal is to pr...ovide personalized care, rehabilitation, and education to help you achieve and maintain a healthy and productive lifestyle.
We provide evidence-based patient centered care with dialogue between provider, patient, and/or caregiver.
We respect the feelings and needs of all who walk through our doors.
We are dependable, responsible, and accountable.
We strive to provide quality care in a timely and efficient manner.
We support one another to ensure all have an opportunity for a good work-life balance.
McLean County Orthopedics. Improving your Health, Improving your Life.