Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse \(0\.9 FTE, Days\) to work for the Swedish Cancer Institute Gynecology Oncology at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for providing nursing care adapted to individual patient needs based on the nursing process, which includes assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation\.
In this position you will:
- Be accountable and responsible for planning and providing comprehensive outpatient care to patients/families being cared for by the Medical Oncology Gynecological/Surgical physicians of the Cancer Institute
- Be responsible for patient navigation: triage, symptom management, patient/family education, and end\-of\-life care
- Function as a practice liaison with surgical services to optimize OR and ASC utilization
- Be responsible for identifying special needs of patients and making referrals to other healthcare professionals to facilitate holistic care of each patient
Required qualifications for this position include:
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher within 6 years of hire
- Current License to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Current BLS
- Minimum of one year current medical oncology nursing experience, preferably in an acute care facility
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Oncology Certified Nurse
- Completion of the ONS Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Course
- Outpatient clinic experience
- ACLS Certification
About the First Hill Campus
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington State and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Oncology Nursing
Req ID: 152601