Providence is calling a Radiation Therapist to Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA
We are seeking a Radiation Therapist to perform the delivery of high doses of ionizing radiation as prescribed by the Radiation Oncologist; assists in localizing tumors, and participates in treatment planning. Serve as the primary liaison between patients and other members of the Radiation Oncology team.
In this position you will:
- Demonstrate age specific patient care considerations for the population served.
- Perform patient treatments on linear accelerators and conducts verification of patient films.
- Perform patient simulation and treatment planning.
- Deliver treatments on orthovoltage unit.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Radiation Therapy, or a combination of directly related work experience, training and education.
- Board registered/eligible as accepted by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
- Current licensure from the State of Washington as a Therapeutic radiologic technologist.
- CPR Certification.
- Completion of the 24-month course in Radiologic Technology and a 12-month course in Radiation Therapy Technology; or the completion of a 24-month course in Radiation Therapy Technology.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum of two years clinical experience.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA is the state's most award-winning hospital for medical care; having received the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence four years in a row. Our new state-of-the-art 12 story hospital tower and the implementation of an electronic medical records system will significantly enhance our patient's experience throughout the continuum of care.
The hospital is located in Snohomish County on the Sound and close to the mountains, so outdoor activities such as snow skiing, kayaking, and golfing are at your doorstep. The communities in Snohomish have all the comforts and appeal of small towns, with historical districts, beautiful homes, interesting boutiques, and unique restaurants, yet the city life of Seattle and Bellevue are just 30 minutes south, while the cosmopolitan city of Vancouver, BC lies only 2 hours north.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Radiation Therapy
Req ID: 139154