Providence is calling a On Call Medical Dosimetrist to support the day shift for our Providence Portland Medical Center in Portland, OR.
In this position, you will:
- Perform 2D, conformal and IMRT treatment planning on Radiation Oncologypatients.
- Work closely with the CT and treatment therapists to ensure provisionof safe, accurate and quality radiation therapy.
- Work closely with theRadiation Oncologists and radiation physicist in planning the course ofradiation therapy by performing radiation dose distribution and positioning anddosage calculations and constructing treatment devices.
- Work for the Department of Radiation Oncology that provide high-energyradiation to treat cancer.
- Work with patients who are referred from Sisters of Providenceinstitutions, as well as other hospitals, medical offices and physicians
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Certified Medical Dosimetrist (CMD).
- Bachelor's Degree in Physical Science or equivalent and graduate of a Medical Dosimetry program with minimum of two years clinical practice, or:
- Bachelor's Degree in Physical Science or equivalent with on-the-job training in Medical Dosimetry program under the supervision of a Certified Medical Dosimetrist, Radiation Physicist and Radiation Oncologist with Minimum of three years clinical experience.
- Experience with Philips Pinnacle treatment planning system and Elkta Mosaiq system is required.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an American Medical Association (AMA) approved Radiation. Therapy Technology Program.
- Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT).
- Experience with RayStation treatment planning system.
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Radiation Therapy
Req ID: 146477