Providence is calling a per diem, evening shift Radiology Technician to Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, CA.
In this position you will:
- Perform various diagnostic radiographic procedures according to accepted department protocols and hospital policy and procedure.
- Perform radiographic procedures; obtain patient history, prepare patient for the exam, explain exam, and ensure patient cooperation and safety during the procedure.
- Check patient chart or prescription for correctness of orders, check with radiologist or nurse as needed for quality patient care.
- Operate mammography, sterotatic, and ultrasound equipment. Set up patient and records quality assurance data. Perform quality assurance testing and maintain records.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current Basic Life Support ( BLS ) certification for Healthcare Providers sponsored by the American Heart Association
- Current California Radiologic Technologist ( CRT ) License with fluoro certification preceded by the prefix RHF
- Must be knowledgeable of CR ( Computerized Radiography ), PACS ( Picture Archival and Communication System ) & RIS/HIS ( Radiology & Hospital Information System )
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, CA, is a 414 bed acute care facility, known for its state-of-the-art technology and high quality, compassionate care, has provided the full range of diagnostic, treatment, care and support services for the San Fernando Valley communities for close to 70 years.
Many of our specialized services are provided within our Heart and Vascular Institute, one of Los Angeles County's first STEMI designated receiving centers of heart attack victims; our Hycy and Howard Hill Neuroscience Institute, awarded the Gold Seal of Approval from The Joint Commission for a Primary Stroke Center, and the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association (2010); our Women's Pavilion, and our newly opened the Roy and Patricia Disney Family Cancer Center, a comprehensive, state-of-the-art, patient-centered, treatment facility. Our cancer center includes some of the most advanced technology in radiation oncology, highly advanced medical and surgical oncology, excellent clinical outcomes and research, and all patient support services are housed in the same building.
Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center has an exceptional orthopedic program recognized for its excellent outcomes and clinical expertise. And Providence Saint Joseph's Bariatric Program, a leader and resource for those dealing with obesity in Southern California, received a Five-Star Rating for Bariatric Surgery, and Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence designation from HealthGrades.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Diagnostic Imaging
Req ID: 149324