VCU Health System's Supplemental Staffing Department is seeking an hourly Clinical Nurse to work on the Oncology Units. The Clinical Nurse follows documented physician/licensed independent provider orders. Practices within the boundaries of the regulations governing the practice of nursing in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Practice is guided by the ANA Code of Ethics for Nursing and established national nursing practice standards. All practice is guided by and follows the VCUHS policies and procedures and established practice.
The Clinical Nurse will float to the following Oncology Units:
- Dalton Oncology Clinic
- Dalton Infusion
- Stony Point Hem Oncology Clinic
- Stony Point Infusion
- Stony Point Radiation Oncology
- Hanover Radiation Oncology (located at Memorial Regional)
- Downtown Radiation Oncology Clinic
- Brachytherapy Suite
- Bone Marrow Transplant Clinic
- Bone Marrow Transplant Infusion
- Bone Marrow Biopsy Suite
- Integrates technical skills and theoretical knowledge to meet the needs of the patient and family.
- Assists the health care team with the prevention of illness and injury, maintenance of wellness, and provision of comfort.
- Provides direction, education, and begins to acquire leadership skills at the unit level.
- Delivers and accurately documents direct, age-specific care to a patient or group of patients based on medical orders and an integrated, multidisciplinary plan of care.
- Safely administers prescribed medications, identifying incompatibilities and/or interactions.
- Current RN licensure in Virginia, AHA BLS HCP Certification or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited RN nursing program
- Completion of a Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing from an accredited program within 5 years of hire, (if not BSN-prepared or higher)
- One year or more of clinical experience
- Completion of a Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing from an accredited program
- Academic Health Care Experience; Experience with similar patient population in either an acute care setting or as applicable to area of practice.
- Oncology RN experience
At VCU Health System, our most important assets are not bricks and mortar; they are our team members … all 12,000+ of them. Our workforce is diverse, dedicated and talented. Our team members continue to earn local, regional and national awards and accolades, which is an indicator that they are happy and feel supported working here. And our culture of STAR Service focuses on our common purpose – “Our Caring Service Begins With Me.” – in the provision of the highest level of customer service, which encourages diversity and inclusion.
If you have been looking to take your career to the next level, we have been looking for you. We offer more than 400 work/life benefits including competitive pay, generous benefits, flexible work options, prepaid tuition, on-site child and elder care and much, much more.
For a full position description and to apply visit: www.vcuhealth.org/careers
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. VCUHS appreciates diversity and encourages women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.