REGISTERED NURSE – ONCOLOGY & INFUSION CENTER
OMNI Healthcare is looking for motivated individuals to join our team where we have open positions in both our new state of the art facility in Titusville, and also in Melbourne, Florida. These candidates will assist with our commitment to providing high quality healthcare to the community. Excellent clinical, customer service and communication skills are a must.
Compensation: OMNI Healthcare offers a competitive benefits package, including salary, medical insurance, paid holidays and 401K
As an Oncology Registered Nurse, you will be responsible for providing nursing care for patients. The selected candidate will be responsible for administering chemotherapy regimens with several different types of oncology patients.
Additional responsibilities of the Oncology Registered Nurse include:
- Mixing and administering chemotherapy, hydration and other medications under the direction and supervision of a physician
- Medication Administrations
- Patient Education
- Assisting physicians with exams and procedures; maintaining efficient and appropriate patient flow in and out of exam rooms
- Recording patient data prior to each physician visit, including but not limited to, vital signs, height, weight, allergies and medication changes
To qualify for the Oncology Registered Nurse role you must have experience and knowledge of the purpose and use of medications in the treatment of cancer.
Additional requirements of the Oncology Registered Nurse include:
- 1+ years of recent Oncology nursing experience
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program (Diploma, Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree)
- Chemo Certifications, preferred
- Appropriate specialty certification, credentials and references , required
- Must have active Florida state license in good standing
Demonstrates clinical competencies in providing direct patient care and patient and family education as well as assisting the provider in the delivery of patient care. Demonstrates leadership and organizational skills with the ability to communicate effectively and collaboratively with others, ultimately providing superior customer service and healthcare. Previous nursing experience in oncology, chemo therapy or radiation therapy preferred.