GENERAL SUMMARY: The Radiation Oncology Nurse with a Pediatric Focus provides quality nursing care to the pediatric patients and their families in Radiation Oncology. The Radiation Oncology Nurse assesses, plans, implements, documents, and evaluates patient clinical and psychosocial needs and responses to therapeutic procedures. The Radiation Oncology Nurse provides education and psychosocial support to patients and families.
1. Registered Nurse licensed in the District of Columbia. 2. Certified Pediatric Hematology Oncology Nurse (CPHON(R)) within 18 months of hire or two exam attempts whichever comes first. 3. PALS certification preferred.
The New Sibley building is complete.
- 200 fully private patient rooms with accommodations for visitors
- An expanded medical oncology and inpatient oncology units
- A new Women's and Infant's Services department, including 18 private special care nursery bassinets
- An orthopaedic unit with a dedicated rehabilitation gym
- Integrated technology focused on improving the pati...ent and visitor experience
With the increasing demand for advanced approaches to cancer care in the national capital region (NCR), Johns Hopkins Medicine, through the Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center, is integrating our excellent oncology services for patients at Sibley Memorial Hospital and Suburban Hospital. This move will make innovative treatment options more accessible for patients and families. For instance, Johns Hopkins and Children’s National Health System opened a joint pediatric radiation oncology program at Sibley, where the first patient was treated in July. A new and expanded oncology clinic with 34 private infusion rooms also recently opened at Sibley. As the rest of the new Sibley Memorial Hospital opens this fall, a dedicated inpatient oncology unit will allow for fully coordinated care for acutely ill patients. We expect that in 2019 at Sibley, cancer patients in the NCR suffering from certain complex cancers will be able to take advantage of advanced proton beam therapy, which targets a tumor with minimal impact to surrounding tissue.